Monday 7th of January to the end of March 2019
Taster sessions enable 16+ year olds the opportunity to find out what studying Engineering at NMiTE entails and to engage with the latest technology in Ingenuity Studio.
We are inviting students from regional Sixth Forms to join us for ‘Sprints’ (workshops) in Studio 1 outside Shirehall, Hereford. The Studio can accommodate 8 students per day for a full day’s programme. The programme aims to attract young people from a range of disciplines, ie not only Physics, Design & Technology and Engineering, as NMiTE’s focus is on problem-solving and creativity.
The Taster Sessions are an excellent opportunity for students to:
- experience a Sprint which reflects NMiTE’s unique approach to teaching and learning with a programme designed by our academic educators and delivered by Studio Facilitators
- benefit from a certificate and reference opportunity in their growing Curriculum Vitae which demonstrates a personal commitment to furthering their learning
- broaden their understanding of Higher Education provision and extend their experience of Hereford as a comparable city of study
- strengthen their independence and confidence by travelling independently on public transport to close-by Hereford to undertake a Sprint
- find out about NMiTE’s application and scholarship programme.
During the Sprint, NMiTE Staff will be able to answer questions in relation to NMiTE, Engineering, Hereford and studying at Level 6.
We are currently recruiting for the Pioneer Cohort in September 2019. Applicants do not need to have Maths or Physics at A Level (or equivalent) to apply and this broadens the type of young person able to consider Engineering as a course of study. Young people looking to study from September 2019, can apply to NMiTE in addition to five choices on a UCAS form, due to NMiTE’s direct application process.
If you are a young person, please raise your interest with your Head or Principal. If you are a Head, Principal or Head of Sixth form please do email email@example.com for further details.